Job Title: Disability Support Worker
Award: The Social Community Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010
Reports to: Team Leader and Residential Support Manager
To provide clients with a high-quality support that meets their individual needs, promoting increased independence, function, quality of life and community participation in line with their individual goals and aspirations.
We are currently recruiting for locations that require sleepover and wake shifts, if you are unable to meet these requirements, your application may be declined at this time.
|Essential duties and responsibilities
|VALUES IN ACTION
- Ensure a positive service culture is always adhered to
- Aspire to client service excellence
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Be punctual and correctly attired for work
- All staff of Leap Occupational Therapy are expected to follow the company’s Code of Conduct.
- Highly productive and functioning member of the team
- Work well independently and as part of a team, completing assignments and tasks accurately, within compliance guidelines.
- Display enthusiasm, professionalism, and compassion
- Appropriate certificate/experience to work with the participants supported by Leap Occupational Therapy.
- Assist participants to achieve their identified goals
- Follow programs developed for each individual client
- Ensure client needs are met
- Support clients to become valued members of their community
- Identify risks and deal with these as per company policies
- Communicate with participants their families and management in an appropriate manner
- Follow daily task lists ensuring each environment is safe and clean
- Keep management informed of any incidents and issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Attend rostered training and meetings
- Support clients to manage medication within the policies and procedures
- Undertake routine office duties involving filing, recording, checking, and balancing of accounts, invoices, orders, stores requisitions and maintenance of an existing records system.
- Assist clients with personal care including but not limited to assistance with continence aids, showering, toileting and grooming.
- Assist clients to maintain their home including all aspects of domestic duties around the home.
|WORKPLACE HEALTH & SAFETY
- Understand Workplace Health and Safety responsibilities and ensure procedures are followed for reporting hazards, incidents, and injuries
- Maintain personal hygiene and grooming and wear appropriate clothing
- Be aware of fire and emergency procedures
- Ensure all WHS related Policies and Procedures are always upheld
- All employees must be aware of the relevant legislation regarding workplace safety. Employees must take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
Supported Independent Living, client residence, community, other as required.
|Essential (Including qualifications / licences)
- Working with Vulnerable People Certificate
- Current National Police Certificate
- Current Drivers’ Licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Knowledge of the Tasmanian Disability Services Act 2012 and the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013
- Completed NDIS Core Module
- Names of two referees from recent employment
|Desirable (Including qualifications / licences)
- Experience in working with people with disabilities or mental health diagnosis
- Relevant Tertiary Qualification E.g. Certificate IV in Disability
- Assist Clients with Medication and Healthy Body Systems training
|COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE
- Decide & Initiate Action
- Lead & Resolve
- Deliver Results & Meet client Expectations
- Achieve Personal Work Goals & Objectives
- Adapt & Respond to Change
- Work with People living with a disability